The Old Perfessor

I'm a professor of journalism at Wingate University near Charlotte, N.C. I've also written about sports for newspapers and other publications for more than 30 years. This blog's about journalism, sports and whatever else I find interesting on any given Sunday or other day, for that matter.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Texas legend turns 90

These days, I'm usually just sad when I read the Dallas Morning News, which is now a shell of the wonderful paper it was in the mid- to late 1980s when Jayne and I couldn't wait to pick it up out of our driveway in Commerce. (We haven't felt the same way about any paper since then....)

But I couldn't resist sharing this link to a column by one of their good sports columnists who's still around, writing about another columnist that many Texans grew up on.

A Texas legend turns 90 Kevin Sherrington Columns Sports News News for Dallas, Texas Dallas Morning News

Posted using ShareThis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home